Whether you are living with a large family or having a slumber party with all your friends, there are times that you have to use the room space well. In order to save space with many people sharing a room, having bunk beds ensures that there are adequate sleeping room for you and your roommates. This is a list of the best bunk beds for small space for those who are looking for the best designs.
A List of Top 10 Best Bunk Beds for Small Rooms
1. Furniture of the America Pammy Twin over the Queen Bunk Bed, Oak
The Furniture of American Pammy’s Twin over the Queen Bunk Bed is a twin over queens bunk bed. The bottom bunk contains a large storage drawer which is the same sized as the bed for storing clothes, linen and other nightly needs. The material of the bed is made form wood and veneer which is finished in oak.
This gives the bed frame a very strong, stable and secure structure. To access the top bunk, the ladder is placed on the side of the rail to prevent the disturbance of the bottom sleeper while climbing up. This might be ideal for a small family who lives in a smaller housing unit.
- Twin over queen bunk bed
- Top bunk with ladder access and safety guard rails
- Finished in Oak; trundle sold separately
- Materials: solid wood and veneer
2. Zinus Assembly Quick Lock
It has sturdy support which is made from steel frames and slats. This bunk bed is very light weight, easy to manage and takes less than one hour to setup. This bunk is ideal for those who are cost minded such as college students or those on quick vacations.
- Patent pending Quick Lock Easy Assembly in under an hour
- Strong steel support with no box spring needed
- Compact packaging
- Children under 6 years old should not be allowed on upper bunk
- Mattresses sold separately
3. DHP Twin Over Full Bunk Bed Metal Frame Ladder
Dorel Home Products Twin Over Function Metal Bunk Bed is another twin over Queens bed frame. This bed hits a better bunk bed of 2018 as it has a very sturdy structure that is made from steel.
It has a pleasing contemporary design to fit in most bedroom settings. The ladder is placed at the base of the bed frame to give more space to the sleepers to move. The bunk bed would make a great choice for children.
- Modern and stylish
- Features a Twin top bunk over a Full bottom
- 2 integrated side ladders
- Metal slats on the top and bottom beds
- Weight limit of 200 pounds and the bottom bunk will support 450 pounds
4. Coaster Home Furnishing 460078 Bunk Bed
Here is a very unique bunk bed for those who want to add a modern look to their bedroom. This full over full bunk bed is made from metal with a gunmetal finish.
Ladders are built in both sides which they have a curve design made from metal tubing. Ideal for those who want to spend a little more to make their room a little more pleasing to the eye.
- Materials: Metal
- Finish Color: Gunmetal
- Assembly Required: No
- Bed size: Full/full
- Weight limit: Upper Bunk – 400 lbs; Lower Bunk – 400 lbs
5. Stork Craft Long Horn Bunk Bed
Stork Craft Long Horn’s bunk bed is a simple bed structure which is made from rubber wood. It includes a four step ladder along with guard rails for the top bunk. One benefit to this Bunk bed is that is simple and easy to assemble and one can make the choice to set it up as a one bunk bed or two separate twin sized beds.
- Made from high-quality solid rubberwood & composites
- Features unique fastening systems, a sturdy 4-step ladder & full length guardrails
- Sturdy ladder & guardrails
6. Walnut Finish Wood Twin Over Full Size Convertible Bunk Bed
Kings Brand Walnut’s bunk bed is twin over full bunk bed made from wood. The finishing to the frame has a walnut finish that is meant to reflect solid hardwoods. This bed can be built as two separate beds but looks more pleasing to the eye as a bunk bed. In Bunk bed form, the Ladder is curved up to the top bunk with guard rails. This bed is ideal for those who want longer lasting bed frames.
7. DHP Tailor Convertible Bunk bed, Converts to two Twin Beds
This bunk bed has a full futon mattress on the bottom. The futon can be swung into a twin sized bed just like the top bunk. The frames are very sturdy and made form metal. The futon is makes the bunk bed very appealing for social events, slumber parties or just to sit and relax without laying down completely.
- Not too easy to setup
- Solid design and construction
- Best value for the price
8. Dorel Living-Brady Kid’s Bunk Bed, Ladder
Dorel Living Brady’s Bunk bed is a popular children bunk bed that has all the safety procedures for toddlers to sleep in. This bunk bed does not need spring support and can be separated into two beds.
- Space saving design
- Convert into two separate beds
9. Walker Edison All-Rounder Bunk Bed, Twin over Twin
Another simple yet aesthetically pleasing bunk bed for costly minded customers is the Walker Edison All-Rounder Bunk Bed. Assembly is quick and easy, and the frame is very lightweight for moving around. Springs are not needed for mattress support.
The ladder can be attached to either side of the bed depending on the spacing of the bed. This bunk bed, Ideal for space-saving needs.
- Steel construction with powder coat finish
- Ships ready-to-assemble
- Modern black finish
10. Donco Bunk Bed Twin
Another great children bunk bed is the Donco Bunk Bed Twin. It has solid wood construction which makes it sturdy and long lasting. This bunk bed can be made separate twin beds or set up as a twin bunk bed to conserve space. This bed design have been thoroughly tested to follow both ASTM and CSPC safety standards.
- Solid wood construction
- Mattress ready
- Comes with side rails, head boards, foot boards, ladder and wood slats
Good to Know
Bunk beds come in many shapes, sizes and designs, all which comes with key features to fit the needs of each sleeper. Bunk beds are the best space savers for most small rooms. They’re great kids to play and stay together even in a small room. For most people, a bunk bed is the best option for small apartments. It’s the perfect choice for children aged 8-12 to enjoy a great home environment. Overall, we recommend that you should have one of the recommended, best bunk beds for your small rooms.